18-WHEELER Accident Attorney
Have You Been Injured By An 18-Wheeler?
Even relatively small driving errors can result in serious trucking collisions that may lead to truck collision claims and personal injury litigation. Major contributing factors in 18 wheeler collisions generally fall under three categories; unsafe vehicle conditions that are caused by the shipper, owner, or driver, unsafe driving practices of other motorists, and dangerous road conditions.
18 Wheeler Accident Attorney
Here at Prince Law we have specialized 18 wheeler accident attorneys to put on your case. All of our attorneys represent each and every client with the utmost respect, compassion, and use their specialized legal expertise to make your case a success. Let us turn a difficult situation into something positive for you.
Conditions That May Help Your Case
Unsafe conditions caused by the shipper, owner, or driver of an 18 wheeler:
- Trucks that are improperly loaded or overloaded
- Trucks that do not have under guard protection installed.
- Trucks with faulty or poorly maintained brakes
- Improper maintenance or inspection of safety systems, including reflectors, lights and warning devices.
- Lack of training on the part of the truck driver
- Sleepy or fatigued truck drivers who have been driving too long without sufficient rest
- Exceeding the speed limits or driving at speeds beyond the road and/or weather conditions
- Aggressive or reckless driving by truck drivers
- Truck drivers driving while under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Trucks that have not been inspected in compliance with FMCSA regulations
Unsafe driving practices of other drivers:
- Driving in the areas beside and behind a truck where the driver’s visibility is limited, often called “no-zones”
- Any act that may cause a truck to brake or accelerate rapidly, including improper merging or passing
- Failure to accelerate or decelerate properly when changing lanes in a truck’s vicinity
- Failure to move a disabled car completely out of the way of moving traffic
Hazardous roads and driving conditions:
- Poor visibility due to sun glare, rain, snow, fog or improper lighting
- Weather conditions causing slippery roads, flooding, or fallen rocks
- Road design or maintenance issues, including blocked signs, insufficient signage, potholes, drop-offs, bumps, narrow roads and shoulders, insufficient merge zones, and construction related hazards
- Miscellaneous hazards such as debris or obstacles in the road, or prior accidents
The Tuscaloosa truck accident lawyers at Prince, Glover & Hayes are experienced in handling Alabama 18 wheeler collisions and can help you achieve maximum compensation for your personal injury claim. Call us today to speak with an experienced truck collision attorney at 1-888-804-1196, or complete our quick contact web form.
recent success with accidents involving 18-wheeler/semi trucks
At Prince Glover & Hayes, we provide the utmost care and scrutiny to each and every case. With a meticulous approach to detail, we are committed not only to giving our clients and referring attorneys the personalized attention they deserve but also to maximizing claims for the greatest possible benefit. We are proud to say that a good portion of our business comes from referrals from existing clients who have been satisfied with our results.
The attorneys and staff at Prince Glover & Hayes take seriously the opportunity to represent our clients in an effective, aggressive, and ethical way. Consistent with our membership in the Alabama Association for justice, we strive to make sure any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others gets justice in the courtroom, even when taking on the most powerful special interests.
18-Wheeler Slams Car
$15.5 Million settlement
Drowsy Truck Driver Kills Man
$3.5 Million Settlement
Truck Driver Hiring Negligence
$1.5 Million Settlement
Prince Glover & Hayes Law does not offer any guarantee of case results. The cases mentioned in this site are illustrative of the array of matters handled by the firm involving various areas of personal injury law. In many of the verdicts listed, plaintiffs either settled or obtained a modified award. These illustrations, though based upon cases handled by this office, are representative only and should not be viewed as an assurance of a particular result. Each case must stand on its own facts and circumstances. These recoveries are not an indication of future results. Every case is different, and regardless of what friends, family, or other individuals may say about what a case is worth, each case must be evaluated on its own facts and circumstances as they apply to the law.
The valuation of a case depends on the facts, the injuries, the jurisdiction, the venue, the witnesses, the parties, and the testimony, among other factors. Furthermore, no representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.
701 Rice Mine Road North Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35406