What To Do When You’re Involved in a Motorcycle Accident?
When an accident occurs, its often overwhelming and scary. Many times, people are unsure what to do and who to contact first. So, what do you do when you’re involved in a motorcycle accident?
- Contact the Authorities– If you’re involved in a motorcycle accident that results in injury or death, you must contact the police.
- Alabama law requires this and once contacted, law enforcement will arrive on the scene to take statements and file an official report.
- Seek Medical Attention- Even if you aren’t initially hurt or if you don’t think your injuries are too serious, you should still contact a doctor as soon as possible. Injuries do not always manifest immediately and some injuries like head concussions have long lasting repercussions if left untreated or ignored. If someone is seriously injured be sure to call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Document the accident- If you are so able, take pictures or video of the damage done to every vehicle involved. As well, document any physical injuries incurred to people involved in the accident.
- Exchange Information and Notify Your Insurance Provider- Document the names of people involved as well as witnesses and make notes of the license plate numbers of the vehicles involved. Do not discuss fault. Then be sure to notify your insurance company of the accident as soon as possible. Just like not discussing fault, make sure to not accept any settlements without first contacting a legal professional.
- Contact Prince Glover & Hayes to be your Motorcycle injury attorney. We’ll fight for you and make sure the settlement you get is the settlement you deserve. We treat all our cases with compassion, dedication, and persistence which is why we are one of the most sought-after law firms in the Tuscaloosa area. Contact us if you’d like to set up your consultation or if you’d like more information on how we can help you.
Motorcycle Accident Settlements
At Prince Glover & Hayes, we provide the utmost care and scrutiny to each and every case. With a meticulous approach to detail, we are committed not only to giving our clients and referring attorneys the personalized attention they deserve but also to maximizing claims for the greatest possible benefit. We are proud to say that a good portion of our business comes from referrals from existing clients who have been satisfied with our results.
The attorneys and staff at Prince Glover & Hayes take seriously the opportunity to represent our clients in an effective, aggressive, and ethical way. Consistent with our membership in the Alabama Association for justice, we strive to make sure any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others gets justice in the courtroom, even when taking on the most powerful special interests
Prince Glover & Hayes Law does not offer any guarantee of case results. The cases mentioned in this site are illustrative of the array of matters handled by the firm involving various areas of personal injury law. In many of the verdicts listed, plaintiffs either settled or obtained a modified award. These illustrations, though based upon cases handled by this office, are representative only and should not be viewed as an assurance of a particular result. Each case must stand on its own facts and circumstances. These recoveries are not an indication of future results. Every case is different, and regardless of what friends, family, or other individuals may say about what a case is worth, each case must be evaluated on its own facts and circumstances as they apply to the law.
The valuation of a case depends on the facts, the injuries, the jurisdiction, the venue, the witnesses, the parties, and the testimony, among other factors. Furthermore, no representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.