KNOWLEDGEABLE TRUCK WRECK ATTORNEYS
HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED IN A WRECK INVOLVING A CAR, A TRUCK, A MOTORCYCLE OR AN ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLE? CALL PRINCE GLOVER HAYES AT (205)345-1234 TODAY! WE WELCOME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU.
As personal injury attorneys, we focus much of our attention on cases involving injuries that result from vehicular collisions. Sometimes, these injuries can be catastrophic. In particular, injuries involving 18-wheelers and other large trucks are very common and over 25% of multiple vehicle collisions that result in passenger deaths involve these trucks.
HOW PGH CAN HELP
The personal injury lawyers at Prince Glover Hayes Law have an in-depth knowledge of not only the Alabama “Rules of the Road,” but also the complicated and often misunderstood Federal Motor Carrier Regulations.
Our Tuscaloosa personal injury law firm has the resources to hire the experts necessary to get to the bottom of exactly how 18-wheeler collisions take place. Determining the cause of collisions requires bringing in professionals to investigate the accident, talk to witnesses, inspect the cars and trucks involved, and examine the scene to gather evidence. Along with determining the cause of the collision, our proficiency extends to artful negotiation with the opposing party and their insurance company, as well as prevailing in the courtroom, if necessary, to maximize the recovery for our clients. As technological pioneers, we employ state-of-the-art technology for effective negotiation and courtroom performance. Whether demonstrating to the jury through computer animation the consequences of an 18-wheeler collision, using a PowerPoint presentation to tell our case during mediation, or playing videotaped depositions of truck drivers and other defendants, we take advantage of cutting edge technology.
Even relatively small driving errors can result in serious trucking collisions that may lead to truck collision claims and personal injury litigation. Major contributing factors in 18 wheeler collisions generally fall under three categories; unsafe vehicle conditions that are caused by the shipper, owner, or driver, unsafe driving practices of other motorists, and dangerous road conditions.
CONDITIONS THAT MAY HELP YOUR CASE
Unsafe conditions caused by the shipper, owner, or driver of an 18 wheeler:
- Trucks that are improperly loaded or overloaded
- Trucks that do not have under guard protection installed
- Trucks with faulty or poorly maintained brakes
- Improper maintenance or inspection of safety systems, including reflectors, lights and warning devices.
- Lack of training on the part of the truck driver
- Sleepy or fatigued truck drivers who have been driving too long without sufficient rest
- Exceeding the speed limits or driving at speeds beyond the road and/or weather conditions
- Aggressive or reckless driving by truck drivers
- Truck drivers driving while under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Trucks that have not been inspected in compliance with FMCSA regulations
Unsafe driving practices of other drivers:
- Driving in the areas beside and behind a truck where the driver’s visibility is limited, often called “no-zones”
- Any act that may cause a truck to brake or accelerate rapidly, including improper merging or passing
- Failure to accelerate or decelerate properly when changing lanes in a truck’s vicinity
- Failure to move a disabled car completely out of the way of moving traffic
Hazardous roads and driving conditions:
- Poor visibility due to sun glare, rain, snow, fog or improper lighting
- Weather conditions causing slippery roads, flooding, or fallen rocks
- Road design or maintenance issues, including blocked signs, insufficient signage, potholes, drop-offs, bumps, narrow roads and shoulders, insufficient merge zones, and construction related hazards
- Miscellaneous hazards such as debris or obstacles in the road, or prior accidents
The Tuscaloosa truck wreck lawyers at Prince Glover Hayes are experienced in handling Alabama 18 wheeler collisions and can help you achieve maximum compensation for your personal injury claim. All of our attorneys represent each and every client with the utmost respect, compassion, and use their specialized legal expertise and knowledge to make your case a success. Let us turn a difficult situation into something positive for you.
The attorneys and staff at Prince Glover Hayes take seriously the opportunity to represent our clients in an effective, aggressive, and ethical way. Consistent with our membership in the Alabama Association for Justice, we strive to make sure any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others gets justice in the courtroom, even when taking on the most powerful special interests.
Here are a few examples of the verdicts and settlement we have been able to secure for our clients
18-Wheeler Slams Car: $15.5 Million Settlement
Drowsy Truck Driver Kills Man: $3.5 Million Settlement
Collision Involving 18 Wheeler: $2 Million Settlement
Truck Driver Hiring Negligence: $1.5 Million Settlement
Case Involving Tractor Trailer: $650,000.00
18 Wheeler Crashed Into Convenience Store: $488,000.00 Settlement
Tractor Trailer Rear-Ended Person: $450,000.00
Prince Glover Hayes Case Results
These recoveries and testimonials are not an indication of future results. Every case is different, and regardless of what friends, family, or other individuals may say about what a case is worth, each case must be evaluated on its own facts and circumstances as they apply to the law. The valuation of a case depends on the facts, the injuries, the jurisdiction, the venue, the witnesses, the parties, and the testimony, among other factors. Furthermore, no representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.